1.19.2011

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim



This is something that I have been wanting to talk about ever since I found out about the soon to be release of the new chapter of the 16 year old Elder Scrolls series, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls series could easily be classified under one of the most well thought out and well planned RPGs for both consoles and the PC, by far.

I myself have played Morrowind and Oblivion a countless amount of times, I've also dabbled within Fallout 3, another game provided by Bethesda and I have yet to be dissappointed. My video game knowledge majors within free roaming rpg's and so my brain nearly exploded when I became aware of the release of another Bethesda Game Studios classic, which is destined to be released on 11.11.11.

Though Fallout 3 was an amazing game that I was lucky enough to be able to play, the scenery got a little old. Having to look at an atomic wasteland for hours on end does do quite a trick to the brain and to the emotions. Villages and cities made out of scraps from airplanes and anything else that they could scavenge tends to be a little depressing. With that being said, I can happily say that I am excited to be thrown into the fantasy realm that Oblivion offers to its players, I cannot wait to want to live in a video game again.

Elder Scrolls V is supposed to be a direct sequel from Oblivion, the game where you had to go on a quest to close the gates to Oblivion in Kvatch and travel the entire world to finish a copious amount of quests and meet a copious amount of new acquaintances.

Though the synopsis for the video game is unknown, via the video on elderscrolls.com, there is something to do with a dragon lord and other various fantasy related terms that are used throughout the promo.

There are also words going around that there was a trademark filed for an Oblivion movie. The trademark that was filed on August 17th 2010 covers "Motion picture film production; entertainment services, namely, providing motion picture theatrical films in the field of fantasy games." (IGN). That's more than any fanboy/fangirl could ever ask for, a way for them to actually be able to see their game being played for them, right in front of their eyes.

The anticipation for this game is ridiculously overwhelming so I'll post a video of the promo for you all to indulge in.

Enjoy!







Posted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment