3.20.2011

Tritton AX 720 Headset Review

AX 720 REVIEW


Gaming headsets are increasingly becoming more and more popular as competitive gaming demands high quality game sound that is going to give them the greatest competitive edge over their opponents. Also, for those non-competitive gamers, sometimes parents hate those loud noises bursting from your speakers while they are trying to sleep at night, so concealing your sound to just yourself at even higher volumes than before is a nifty alternative. I have owned 2 pairs of gaming headsets: The AX 720's and ASTRO A40's, which are top of the line. So lets get into the good stuff!



Appearance
The headset only comes in white, unless you get the pro version that are silver. I really like the look as they are not gigantic like some high sound producing headsets appear to be, but not so small that they look like they are going to snap in 2 if you bend them the wrong direction. They kept the design simple and did not get overly fancy with anything, but the simpleness does not in anyway bring down the feeling of having a nice headset.

Price
Best Buy has these priced right now at $129. The price is set right where it should be for what you are getting. I personally have zero complaints about the price after having my headset for a 2 months and knowing their potential. They are cheaper than both of Astro's equivalent packages priced at $249 for A40 system and $200 for the A30's.

Comfort
The first thing I enjoyed about these is how light they were. My Astro's were kinda bulky in weight and I found myself getting headaches when they sat on my head for more than a couple hours. I had my AX 720's on my head for about 5 hours one time and they felt fine. However, my ears began to ache after about 3 hours of playing without removing them. I find that every headset I have ever worn in my lifetime is going to cause some sort of ear discomfort after a while no matter how comfortable or creative the design, its inevitable, at least for me anyways. You are able to adjust the headset quite easily even when they are on your head. Overall they feel great.

Sound
The main determining factor for purchasing I assume is the sound quality. Triton has this headset equipped with Dolby Digital 5.0 surround sound speakers. Compared to Astro's, there is not much of a noticeable difference, aside from maybe a bit more bass. All game and mic volume is extremely clear. When I played Black Ops, you most definitely need to hear those footsteps or bomb being planted from a decent distance, and you can with the 720's without a doubt. I will just say the max volume is too loud for my eardrums, so if needed, they will deliver. I have nothing in the con category, you get pure quality here.

What is included?



  • Detachable microphone
  • Voice and game volume control/ Mute switch
  • Compatible wires for xbox and ps3
  • Triton Amp (allows 2 headsets)
  • Optical audio cable
*Setting the headset up is extremely simple, took me less than 5 minutes to hookup. Directions are included that will guide you through this process.

Verdict - BUY
I'll end by saying I am enjoying the Triton AX 720 headset. They can be purchased at a great price and overall you will be getting a high quality headset that competes with top of the line models. Every penny you spend will be worth it.

Posted By:


1 comment:

  1. Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the terrific works guys I've you guys to my blogroll.

    my web page :: Bike Chain Lube Reviews ()

    ReplyDelete